Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Waterfall

When the boundaries of my world collapsed
Space expanded, time elapsed
and the matter and anti-matter shook
Now only she and I know how
how our minds altered the radio
And only you can see the real me but you don't look

The more I give it, the less I get it
So I just live it and let it all go
Nine years to the day before
What have I done? What is it for?
I must have learned here more than I've earned here
But I don't know

And maybe I can't make a dime
Maybe I don't even like this rhyme, you know
Honest work and honest words are so hard to find
And maybe I can't fall in line
But maybe I could show you a good time
Maybe I'll show you that there's no time
Let me blow your mind

Tell me it's 'Yes. I wanna do it.'
So I'm a mess, I'm working through it
Haven't we all been less than we wanna be?
Still baby it's you, who wins the glory, and me,
who can't even tell the story,
On the sidelines with the plot lines,
Too linear. I'm free.

See, I could watch but I won't view it
when I could just seep right into it
But I just can't seem to bring myself to do it, no
And I feel the weight of this inertia,
Not just a feeling when it hurts ya
It's a stop sign that you decline, go

When I met you a new world began
and it was written by your hand
And I didn't try to understand
I just gave you everything I had
I gave you love, I gave you space
Man, I gave the land on which I stand
Now I don't know this place
I have no ground at all
I am The Waterfall you chase
and I wanna rain over your body
while I'm dripping down your face

~by Laurie Lehner

*1st recording. Rough. A few days after i wrote it

No comments:

Post a Comment