Monday, July 19, 2010

I've Got Nothing 2009

I can make you think that you're the congruent equation
I can make you wanna be the one
I can make your mark, regard the writing on the wall
I can make you feel anything at all

I feel a slight reserve tonight to go to any detail
I hold the cards close to my chest
It's more or less the words, I guess, that help it sound peculiar
So I've heard, or so I've inferred and so I've deterred

But there's something in the air out there that gives a girl the feeling
She isn't gonna live forever long
And 'what ifs' only weaken you if the 'what' is unappealing
And what it is ain't never been wrong

See I have danced in the devil's fire
And I think he wishes he were more like you
Baby I have held the hand that held the hand of doom
And I was ten steps ahead before you walked in the room

Or I'm bluffing. And I've Got Nothing.
I don't have a clue and I can't tell the truth
Think I'm bluffing? It's all or nothing so
Throw 'em down and look around for the joker's goof
See, all you needed was a little proof

That panic-stricken look of shock enjoys your face as
you think about what you have seen
I can turn your red sevens into black Jacks or Kings or Aces
And you can win this one on me

I can make our stars collide, convince the sun to suicide
if I think the moon deserves her day
Got a way to make the mighty winds engage, the seas enrage
I can make it rain

Or I'm bluffing and I've Got Nothing
You can't see it with your eyes is it's only disguise
So I'm bluffing. If you feel nothing then
I don't know what to do to get through to you

Baby, you know I'm a fool and what I'm sayin isn't new but
You know I got it. And I got it all over you.

~by Laurie Lehner

No comments:

Post a Comment