Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fate

You brought me to her house and we sat around with the crew
Yeah, you brought me to her house and went off and made music like you do
And she handed me a cup of water and I never knew
that she expected you to stay, cuz she thought she was with you

And how can I still be tormented by how you are and what you've done?
Why do I look around the room and see myself in every one
of the beautiful and dutiful girls who've sacrificed a soul
to the lost cause that is searching for your light in the blackest hole

Cuz all of us in love, and once in love, with you just wanna be
sure that what it is about you that we love will someday see
the sunlight someday when you emerge from underneath that weight
and I'll be standing in the back and smiling because it's fate

One day you meet a guy who takes your breath away from you
and you fall madly, and gladly, too
And you think that he's 'the one' and something's finally gonna work
and a year and a half later you're still finding out how wrong you were

So I brought me to her house and we sat around discussing you
Yeah I brought me to her house and wound up making music like we do
And the bigger picture here resides outside the frame of mind
that pits woman against woman for the sake of all mankind

Cuz all of us in love, and once in love, with you just wanna be
sure that what it is about you that we love will someday see
the sunlight someday when you emerge and I can hardly wait
to be standing in the back and smiling
or maybe I'll be dancing in the front and smiling at you
cuz I do believe it's fate

~by Laurie Lehner

No comments:

Post a Comment