Saturday, February 11, 2012

Arson

/>
All I remeber is the smell, the taste of embers in my face, the wall of yellow light, the crackle, the height, the song that I was humming as I detonate the night. Mmmm...
Well, I'm dancing in this cage and I bang my knees up and they bruise for days and I don't know why there's blood on the floor and I don't recall the sound of my own breath anymore. And I looked to you, and you showed me the sky and said, "I shot you down because you flew too high". And the key turned and my eyes burned and I heard the music play, Mmmm...
If there's a chance I could get away
It passed long before this song I sing today.
I can't fly, run, got no shotgun then I heard the voices say... 'Arson'
Mmmm...
Keep breathing into the flame. It isn't real, it's just a game and we're all gonna die anyway. Keep breathing with your face to the floor. It's only believing that you aren't you anymore.
I will not act or play stupid for fools, blind to the machine can't see we're just working tools while you use me to my full extent, while I say 'Please' and 'Thank You' and wonder where I went. And you can't take it. And you can't take it down. And you can't take this fire from me until I burn this shit to the ground.
All I remeber is the smell, the taste of embers in my face, the wall of yellow light, the crackle, the height, the song that I was humming as I detonate the night. Mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment